the following does not apply to EiTI (Electronics and Information Technology) English-medium students, who are obliged to complete the ELAN1, ELAN2, EACAW and ECULT courses.
To qualify for exemption from Academic English course attendance and C1 Academic Exam, students must submit a copy of one of the below-listed certificates to the English-studies coordinator, Joanna Szymańska, MA:
- IELTS certificate with a score of 7.5 or above
- TOEFL certificate with a score between 100 – 120
- C2 Certificates (CPE, TELC) with a passing grade or above
- C1 Certificates (CAE, TELC) with a B grade or above
- or have a GCE A Level, US High School Diploma or an IB Diploma.
No other language certificates or a score below the specified range will be recognized.
Upon submission of a valid certificate, a student shall receive grade “3” (pass) for the C1 Academic Exam and will be able to enrol into other language classes.
Students may improve this grade by preparing a 15-minute academic presentation which must adhere strictly to the following guidelines:
- The presentation must make use of PowerPoint slides or other similar multimedia aids.
- The presentation should concern topics closely related to the student’s field of study, include a fair amount of technical terminology and be appropriate for the C1 level.
The presentation is to be scheduled and delivered within the first semester of compulsory language classes. Students are advised to make an early appointment (by email) with the Foreign Language Course Coordinator (see the list below) to schedule the presentation.
The presentation will be assessed by the FLC Coordinator.
The mark given by the FLC Coordinator for the presentation will be regarded as a final C1 Academic Examination grade.
Take note that
the total number of language hours will still need to be completed by the students in accordance with their Faculty curriculum.
Foreign Language Course Coordinators:
- The Faculty of Civil Engineering – Małgorzata Wujec, MA – email@example.com
- The Faculty of Power And Aeronautical Engineering – Olga Pławska, MA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Faculty of Mathematics And Information Science – Aneta Dunn, MA – email@example.com
- The Faculty of Environmental Engineering – Małgorzata Wujec, MA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Faculty of Electronics And Information Technology – Małgorzata Słomczyńska, MA – email@example.com
- The Faculty of Electrical Engineering – Bożena Przybyła, MA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Faculty of Mechatronics – Joanna Szymańska, MA – email@example.com
- The Faculty of Automotive and Construction Machinery Engineering – Joanna Szymańska, MA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Faculty of Architecture – Magdalena Walenta, PHD – email@example.com