Skocz do treści
TE-Con3 – WHAT is it?
- TE-Con3 is a European project funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission, and it involves seven Partner Institutions from across Europe.
- We wish to develop an innovative methodology for teaching General English in higher education using content modules to reflect a variety of academic disciplines: architecture, art and media, automotive engineering, biomedical sciences & health communication,and geography.
- By offering a broad spectrum of academic topics we aim at promoting education for active citizenship while stimulating linguistic and academic development.
- Our model is intended for university language tuition across Europe.
TE-Con3 – WHO are the Project Partners?
- University of Warsaw (Poland) – project coordinator
- Tallinn University (Estonia)
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Germany)
- Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute for Sustainable Technologies (Poland)
- Warsaw University of Technology (Poland)
- University of Algarve (Portugal)
- University of Pitesti (Romania)
Warsaw University of Technology – Foreign Language Centre – WHO are we?
- principal investigator/contact person: Magdalena Walenta (Ph.D.)
- co-investigator: Marcin Kwieciński (M.A.)
- support team: Anita Pawłowska (M.A.), Elżbieta Sławińska (B.A.)
Warsaw University of Technology – Foreign Language Centre – what is OUR ROLE in the project?
- we co-work with other Partners on the production of all project outcomes,
- we prepare two teaching units in the academic domain: Architecture,
- we conduct a training session for FLC/WUT teachers, supervise trial lessons and conduct a follow-up assessment questionnaire,
- we produce (with UW) the final version of the on-line Manual for TE-Con3 teachers,
- we organize the final TE-Con3 conference (April 2023).
What are the expected PROJECT OUTCOMES?
- a report on the state of English for Higher Education in Europe,
- TE-Con3 framework – guidelines for teaching English as modular content,
- lesson scenarios from five academic disciplines, ready for immediate classroom application,
- an on-line Manual for TE-Con3 teachers,
- MUL-TECON – a multimedia platform integrated with a dedicated website for storage and sharing of all TE-Con3 resources,
- an international conference and a series of local dissemination seminars.
The PROJECT OUTCOMES may be of interest to YOU if:
- you teach or study English at a university,
- you’re interested in the state of English for Higher Education in Europe,
- you teach/research Academic English, ESP, CLIL,
- you are involved in language policy making at the national or local levels,
- you want to add a spark to your English learning/teaching experience.
FIND OUT MORE about us: